Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Universe Works If You Get Out of the Way

,
Lucid Dreaming Made Easy
Controlling Dreams :

Sometimes, things just go our way. We get the job we have been dreaming of, an unexpected check comes in the mail, or things just seem to effortlessly fall into place for no apparent reason. We call it luck or attribute it to simply having a good day, but in truth, we have been given a glimpse of the actual nature of the universe.

The Universe Works If You Get Out of the Way

We tend to think the timing was right, never realizing that we are an innate part of the process. We are not random recipients of bounty. If only for the moment, our state of being pulls to us this divine experience of synchronicity. There is rhyme and reason to the way the universe unfolds. When we are "in the flow," we have released the illusion that we can protect ourselves by being in control. We have gotten out of the way long enough to experience how effortlessly this process takes place. We must be willing to stop pushing and allow the universe to send us the things we truly need rather than what we keep asking for.

When a bird looks for food, it makes an implicit assumption that it will find the worm and all will be okay. It does not get up and start thinking "What if I can't find food? What will happen to me?" It does not anticipate that there will be a problem. There is an ease with which it moves through its day, an underlying instinct that is minutely in keeping with life's basic nature. It does not think anything. Its being trusts that all will be provided for, and it does not question how.

To be in that state is to observe the precise timing in which all things fall into place and to simultaneously marvel at the exquisite manifestations of an ever changing universe. When we are fortunate enough to have an experience of this wholeness, we are filled with humility and compassion. We never know when we will be the recipients of such grace - that is part of the wonder.

I never thought a trip to the corner drugstore would deliver such an experience. I had gone there for the sole purpose of buying mascara and found myself wheeling the cart up and down each aisle looking for what else I could buy. On a top shelf, I spotted a box with a picture of a green birdfeeder. I liked the green color, but knew the last thing I needed was another birdfeeder. One had been hanging on my balcony for the past year. It had taken the doves close to three months to find it, but now they came every day. I looked at the box again and put it into my cart. I started to think about why I was purchasing it, and stopped myself. I was just going to buy it, and that was it.

Purchases in hand, I walked through my front door and headed out toward the balcony. There, lying on the ground, was the birdfeeder. My heart stopped. It looked like the wire that had been holding it had snapped. All I could do was stare at the broken feeder. A sense of wonder and wholeness filled my being. I felt disoriented, out of time and space, and yet at the same time I knew exactly where I was. I was 100 percent present. I could feel the intricacy of the process, every tiny little piece falling into place. Feeling it work, I intuitively knew that the birdfeeder had fallen the moment I had opened the door!

The universe operates with speed and efficiency in direct relation to our degree of trust. When we feel stuck, we need to get out of our own way. This does not mean that we simply sit back and do nothing, but rather that we know when to let go, when we have done enough. When we move through the world knowing that we will be provided for, magic happens.

Chapter 12 from Reality Works Copyright © 2002 Chandra Alexander


"Lucid Dreaming Made Easy™" is a digital program that teaches you how to Lucid Dream from the very basics up to expert level.


Lucid Dreaming Made Easy

0 comments to “The Universe Works If You Get Out of the Way”

Post a Comment

 

Controlling Dreams Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger